Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Time Out

I went to the temple today in the middle of the day, and it was just what I needed. It felt good to just be there and not worry about things. My mind did start to wander a few times, but not for long. I brought it back to the important moment at hand. I'm trying this new thing called putting my priorities in line, 'cause, hey--no one likes a hypocrite. I spoke in church a few weeks ago about the importance of priorities when it comes to relationships, and mine with God can always be improved upon. I'm looking forward to the General Conference of the church this weekend. Some of my favs to look out for are:
Henry B. Eyring
(I love an emotional man, what can I say? He always moves me.)

Jeffrey R. Holland
(The guy nails it every time. Whatever he says is just what I need to hear. Always.)

And, of course, President Thomas S. Monson, the living prophet of God.
Yeah, I'd say I definitely am looking forward to hearing his words, 'cause really, they're God's.

This conference couldn't come at a better time of my life. I'm in the last weeks of my education, about to embark on a new part of my life. Direction is what I'm looking for and is exactly what I will find this weekend. For that, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment