Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rested and Relaxed

Well, the last Spring Break of my life is over. I am quite satisfied with it, as it has felt exceptionally long. I feel like I haven't been to work in a month! I did have those two classes, so I can't say the same for school, but honestly, a break from my internship was what I really needed. It's hard to stay motivated doing really hard work when not being paid for it. I should want to help people out of the goodness of my heart, and I can say that I have really gone the extra mile quite often in my non-paid internship--I realize that I'm there to gain the experience and am grateful for it. But anyway, it was a great week off and I feel rejuvenated.

Friday was the most gorgeous day ever. It was almost 70 degrees. I babysat and we went to a playground in Central Park. Here's adorable Ava:




I love her! I can't believe I didn't take any of Brandon. I'm not playing favorites, I promise. It is the age, though. I must say between one and two years is my fav.

Afterward I went around the shops in the area and found a gem in a thrift store:


How could anyone give this away?!? I actually saw the album "Ten", Pearl Jam's first album, as well! Unbelievable. And then, my eyes saw this and I purchased without hesitation:


This movie is one of the main memories I have of when my sisters, cousins, and I would spend the night at my grandma and grandpa Koch's house! "Flash! Aaaaaaaah!" Oh yes. I can't wait to watch this. There IS a VHS player in my apartment. And to close my week I went 80s dancing with some friends at a club called The Pyramid. I'm rarely in the mood to go dancing--I don't know why. But when I do go, I'm always glad I did. It was a lot of fun. Good people and good music = good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment