Friday, March 4, 2011

Have I Mentioned Life is Hard?

The first few months to 2011 have been a little bit unreal. I'm realizing that I'm at the age where major life changes are happening all around me, ALL the time. Babies upon babies are being born to my family and friends, and death is taking its toll on my loved ones, too. My best friend's dad passed away yesterday. We have been talking over the last week or so about him, and she has kept me posted about his progress. He battled cancer multiple times, among other ailments throughout his life, and this time what the doctors tried in order to help him just wasn't working. My heart aches for her and her family, and the hardest part is being so far away from them at such a time (I love you, Megan). Not that I could do anything to change how they feel, but just being able to be present and sit with loved ones in times of mourning is a good thing.

I was homesick before, but now, after all that has been going on at home, the homesickness is escalating. And the fact that I'm so close now to actually moving back to Las Vegas, it's even worse, which is ironic. I know it's coming, so it makes it harder to hold out till the end. I can do it, though. Besides, I don't have a choice.

I've been asked to speak in church in a few weeks, and the topic couldn't be more fitting for me right now--"priorities in our lives". With everything going on at home, I think it's obvious of what my focus is going to be. That, and I think it's a subtle hint from God that I could use some review on the subject and apply it to my own life. An article was shared with me to use when preparing my talk, and I thought I'd share it
here

No comments:

Post a Comment