Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Feel So Wicked

My last ever Spring Break is off to a grand start! I slept in Monday and stayed in all day, did laundry, watched "Pride and Prejudice". I don't know what it is about that movie, but it makes me want love, even though the characters, Lizzie (aka: me) and Mr. Darcy (aka: the man I've yet to meet), have quite the rocky start. He's proud and she's prejudice. Pride and prejudice! A genius title.

Then, today I had day one of a two-day mini class I signed up for as an elective (during Spring Break?! I know, it is kinda crazy). It wasn't so bad. I was there at 10 am and out by 3:30 pm and onto Times Square to try and win tickets to see "Wicked". And guess what?! It worked!
Well, technically, my friend Veronica won tickets. Her name got drawn and I got to benefit from it! I put up a Facebook post, asking if anyone wanted to join me to up the odds of winning, and Veronica literally upped the odds BY winning! Amazing. The show was amazing. The seats we had were amazing, as were the costumes, music, singing, acting, the set, etc. All wonderfully amazing. I'm so happy I finally saw that show. To make the night even greater, we got dinner beforehand at this place called Juniors that is know for its cheesecake. We got burgers and fries that came with the largest onion rings I've ever seen. And then, of course, we shared a cheesecake. It was the best cheesecake I think I've ever had. What a fantastic night! And all that for under 50 bucks!

1 comment: