Sunday, March 27, 2011

Five Weeks

Okay, so I'm already counting down. Duh. I have only five weeks until classes end. FIVE. That's a big deal. I can count that on one hand. While it will be strange to close this seemingly everlasting chapter of my life as a student, I think I'm ready for it. I'm about to be a "professional." Not saying I'm highly skilled in the career field about to embark on, just yet, but that I'm about to begin the career chapter of my life. And what's going through my mind these days is, I better prepare myself to feel like a "grown up".

Let's be honest, being a student has kept me in this perpetual world of feeling like a kid. What's added to this feeling is the fact that I've yet to marry and have children. I think that would also make me feel "grown up". But alas, a student only have I been, and it's been... fun? I swear I've been on this educational path not completely by choice. While a lot of it has been fun, it's been really hard work and sometimes I've wondered why I've kept going. I like to think and also believe that someone else had this educational path in mind for me. How I explain maybe not always loving what I do, but feeling like it's what I'm supposed to be doing is summed up in this scripture:

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God"-Romans 12:2

I feel like this educational path I've walked down has been largely God's will. And that I came to New York to experience what I have, resulting in shaping who I am and what I am to become. For that, I'm grateful. And not just the educational path, but all paths I go down lead me to who I am. It's just that the educational path has definitely been the most prominent in my life, so far. I'm excited to walk down others soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment