Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On This Day...

...I was born!!! Today is the day I entered the world, a mere 31 years ago. Time flies when you're having fun! Seriously, my life has been pretty stinkin' good, so far. I know I've complained PLENTY over the years, but I cannot deny what I've been given. It is much. Very, very much.

So far today, I got to sleep in a little bit and wake up at my favorite time to wake up (9 am). Bliss! Then, I ate a delicious homemade sandwich with some of my favorite things on it--rosemary ham, avocado, tomato, provolone cheese--with my favorite chips (Sun Chips Original) and carrots and celery. Next, I get to be a part of a mom and a baby reuniting for good.

Tonight, it's on to the Shake Shack for my favorite hamburger and fries in the city!
I heard they give out a free custard on your birthday!! Free ice cream, here I come!

Like I said, life is good.:)

UPDATE:
So, I went to Shake Shack and this was their featured menu today!


Banana Bread-flavored custard?!!? I thought I was dreaming. A few sweet friends bought me a big scoop of it and we devoured it! Delish!!!

I also wanted to point out, I didn't have to wait for a single bus or subway today! They all were arriving just as I did! Seriously a birthday miracle and gift. Made my day.

And last, but not least, my Netflix arrived in the mail today and it's "Daria," the animated show that was on MTV in the late 90s!
I loved this show! I watched the first episode. So good.

A roommate surprised me with a card and a movie theater gift card and another roommate bought me a cake and candles! Like I said, I live a good life. I can go to sleep thoroughly satisfied.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shake Shack. I am lusting after it now.

    Happy birthday, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday!!!!!see you this weekend!x

    ReplyDelete