Thursday, April 7, 2011

Signs of the Times

I love Wednesdays. They have become my mid-week break days, as I don't have anything schedule that day until 4:55 pm (i.e. my one class that day and by far the easier one of my last semester). We basically just sit and talk about our experiences in our classes, our internships, and our futures as social workers. I don't want to say it's a total waste of time, 'cause I do enjoy it, but really, it's a little bit of a waste of time. I don't feel challenged or that I'm learning anything new. But it is called Integrative Practice Seminar, so, yeah. I guess that's what we do in there.

Anyway, on to more impressive matters. I took advantage of my day to relax by watching movies. I happened upon a Redbox movie kiosk the other day and decided to rent one or two. Or three. Ok, I got a little crazy. But they're only $1! So, why not?! Plus, I'm hitting a major "I don't want to do anything that requires brain power anymore" wall these days.

I watched one on my iPhone while traveling to and from my old internship in Brooklyn to pick up a reimbursement check.I watch the second one when I got back from Brooklyn while I ate lunch and relaxed.

I watched the third one (I know! Ridiculous.) when I got home after school and Institute.

I watched three movies in one day. THREE. Haha. The last time that almost happened was when my friends and I back in high school attempted to watch the Star Wars Trilogy (we never made it past Empire Strikes Back). So, I know how crazy this is, especially since I managed to run errands, attend classes at NYU and Institute, and get to bed at my usual hour of around 1 am, AND watch three movies everywhere in between. So I'm not lazy or irresponsible--just a miracle worker.

2 comments:

  1. i love red box! i don't blame you if all you want to do is watch movies. those weeks after i turned in my master's thesis all I did was watch hulu and movies on nextflix. i had no desire to do anything that require me to think too much. btw, thanks for coming tonight. i had fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad someone else understands me! And now, it's crunch time! I've got so much to do with so little time. But, I'm glad I made time to go over to your place! Good times.:)

    ReplyDelete