Monday, April 18, 2011

Baby, Baby!

The Amy Grant song of the same title just came to mind when I typed that above. And I wrote the title above because another beautiful baby has entered the world within my circle of loved ones. Behold, Genevieve Elizabeth Ann Rose Smith!


(This is a photo from a computer screen. That as good as I can do this far away from my home. Sad.)

But isn't she BEAUTIFUL!!?? look at those cheeeeks! Oh. My. Goodness! I can hardly stand being away from all these babies I love. I know I'll be joining them soon, though, so it's bearable.

The Amy Grant song reference is actually really fitting, here, because the baby above belongs to my childhood bestest friend ever, Meleah, and our friendship began back when I was listening to (and quite frankly, a little obsessed with) Amy Grant songs.

Seriously. Meleah and I have been friends our whole lives. It's incredible to be friends with someone (that isn't a family member) through every single phase and transition and step throughout life. And we didn't even go to the same high school or college! That's how impressive it all really is. Not to mention, I've missed every major milestone in her adult life, thus far, due to pursuing my various paths of life. No, I'm not a bad friend. I just lived life and so did she. She could've given up on me a long time ago with me and my wandering ways. But she didn't. Instead, she has always kept in contact and made me feel loved and needed wherever I've gone, and has supported me in every crazy detour and path I've taken in life.



(Distant me taking a picture of close us).

And now she has a baby girl for me to love! Maybe she'll marry one of my nephews!





I can't wait to meet and hold and kiss all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment