Thursday, May 13, 2010

Nanny By Day, Genius By Semester. Ha.

I started babysitting last week, and it initially was going to be once a week for 8 weeks. But the two kids took to me so well, the mom asked me to come two additional days (though she only needs me half the time on those days). Today is my first day alone with them, for a full 9 hours, too. They're adorable children and really well behaved. The girl is 3 and the boy is 15 months. I would post pictures, but that is probably not a good idea without the mom's permission. You'll just have to take my word for it. They are adorable. Both have dark, curly mop tops, big, dark brown eyes and are very sweet. I must say, it's strange being around kids again. It seriously feels like ages since I've been around any. I get to play "mom" for the summer, and I'm totally ok with that. Maybe it will cure me of my maternal cravings. Below is a photo I took today during the kids' nap walk. I walk them in the stroller and they fall asleep. And I get to look out at the water and the Statue of Liberty. That's what is in the distance, behind the water taxi. Not too shabby.

On a more scholarly note, I received my grades for this semester. I can't believe my own two eyes, but the computer says it all. As all across the board! Seriously. Maybe grad school isn't as hard as undergrad, or maybe it has to do with the field I'm actually interested in that's doing it. Whatever it is, I'm just glad I'm doing something right. And I was totally kidding in the title. I am no genius. Just a girl with a big heart and more than decent writing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment