Monday, May 24, 2010

'LOST' and Found

So, the end has come. I must say, I wasn't as emotionally hooked to this show as I have been in the past, and it showed during the series finale (i.e. I didn't cry and I wanted to. Other people did. Why didn't I?!). I'm actually quite ok with the fact that I didn't cry. I think the major time gaps between seasons disconnected me a lot. I am the type of person who gets easily emotionally invested in people (surprise, surprise), and I WAS very much so invested to the 'LOST' characters during the first half of the series. I think the disconnect happened mostly between these last two seasons 5 and 6 . This season was a total disappointment from the start. It just didn't have that same "umph" or the same strong writing that the others had. It seemed a lot more 'hokey'/fake, which sounds ridiculous, I know...'cause really, what was "real" at all about 'LOST'?? Half way through, the season did improve, and then the ending....well, it was happy and spiritual-esque, so I can't complain. http://omgwtflost.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/lost-season-6-promo-poster-lost-8120940-1440-900.jpg
However, I'm the kind of person who appreciates when a movie or book doesn't end the way one hopes it will (which is usually happy). I guess I am more of a realist than an idealist, then. Or would that be a pessimist more than an optimist? Is it sinister to want something crappy or bad to happen, just to throw off the "happy ending" cliche? I'm not asking for it always. Just every once and awhile. But with that said, I am content with the way the creators wrapped up this crazy, confusing, cliff-hanging, nearly never-ending movie-quality television show called 'LOST'. Now what?

No comments:

Post a Comment