Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I Will...No...I DID Survive

No, I haven't received grades, yet, but I can safely say that I survived my first year of grad school at NYU. I'm not gonna lie, I'm feelin' pretty good about it. Duh. I just finished writing my last paper of the school year, to turn it in on Friday at my last class. SIGH of relief!!!! Now I get to focus on making some money via various jobs this summer (i.e. babysitting, possibly a paid internship at a senior center, and a paid respite job with my current internship), and having FUN with that money, New York City style! Things are looking up! I've babysat a few times over the last month, and while it's not big money, it sure feels good to be earning again! Seriously, to work and get paid for it...there's just something about it. I feel like I'm contributing to society and society is contributing back...in CASH!!! Also, I get to pay tithing at church again. Once more, the ability to earn and contribute = good feelings, not to mention blessings.

The babysitting gig may be short-term and it's only once a week, but hey, it's something. I met the mom and the two kids today and the kids are SO ADORABLE! They both have dark brown, almost black adorable curly hair and dark brown, adorable eyes. And they totally took to me! I've always thought I had a knack with kids. I told the mom this, and she saw it in action and confirmed it. She was impressed. :) For some reason, kids just love me...probably because I love them first. They're like dogs. They can sense if you like them or not. Babies and dogs. I love them. They love me. There's a certain age range of love, though. Kids between the ages of 1 and 4, maybe 5, love me. Maybe that's just because that's the stage where they still rely on adults a lot. I like to think it's my golden blond hair and big smile that gets 'em every time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment