Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Island

Living in this concrete jungle, it's easy to forget that it is surrounded by water.


Through those trees yonder lies the Hudson River. I haven't spent much time yet over on this side of Manhattan, and with the last few days free to myself, I've made it a point to spend my spare time outdoors. Yesterday I went to Central Park again to read. It was overcast and the trees and grass looked especially green. It started raining a misty rain and I was caught unprepared, so I found shelter under the nearest and biggest tree until there was a slight break in the rainfall. I wish I would've taken a photo there, because it was beautiful, but I refrained for fear of my phone getting wet. I've been told it rains here often during the summer months, hence, the humidity (what New York summers are known for). I can't say I'm looking forward to that aspect of the summer, but hey--this is the first time I've had a summer break in years. I can't complain. And right now, I wouldn't dare do such a thing. The weather is perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment