Monday, January 31, 2011

Families Are Forever

My last surviving grandparent, William Richard Koch, is on the other side tonight. It was a long time coming. My grandpa had been waiting patiently, then impatiently, then patiently once more, to be reunited with my sweet grandma who has been gone over 6 years. From what my mother told me, his spirit peacefully left this earth around 7 pm, pacific standard time. The process was fairly quick and not painful, for which we are all grateful. I last spoke with my grandpa two weeks ago and though it was a short phone conversation, as I learned was grandpa's style, it was upbeat and positive and will stay with me forever. Grandpa was such an amazing and generous man. I'm grateful I managed to capture a handful of photos of him with me over the last several years.

2007

2008
2009
When I think of him being born in 1924, I am blown away by what changes he had witnessed in the world during his lifetime. He lived a long and full life. He continually stated to his loved ones how blessed he had been in his life, how grateful he was for his posterity, and how much he loved the Lord and believed in His gospel. Grandpa was such a wonderful example to me. I'm so grateful to know that he will forever be my grandpa, and I will see him again, some day.

2010Isn't he so handsome?! I love you, grandpa!!!!!!

"Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life." Alma 40:11

1 comment: