Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Family Tree

It was good to be with my family last weekend. I'm grateful I live in a day and age where a massive ton of metal with wings can transport me safely across 2000 miles of land so that I can be there to "mourn with those that mourn, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort". I had the opportunity to visit my grandparents' house a few more times and reminisce my lifetime spent there--slumber parties with my cousins, annual family Christmas parties with pinatas and gift exchanges, fluffy white dogs to pet, stories told of war and faith, an endless supply of pistachios, and lots and lots of unconditional love and attention. I tell you what, I've had it real good. I've been blessed with an amazing family.

I had fun exploring lots of old photographs my grandparents had on their wall all these years.
These are my great great grandparents, Otto and Louisa on their wedding day, November 17, 1885:


And this is their son, my great grandpa Richard and my great grandma Gladys, on their wedding day, July 2, 1919:


They had my ever so handsome grandpa and below is him and my sweet grandma on their wedding day, April 14, 1946:


Last, but not least, are my gorgeous parents, in their engagement photo in 1968:


It's pretty neat to see my ancestry lined up in wedding photos. I'd say I come from a pretty fantastic line.

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool, Liz! I love seeing old photos like that... Super special that they are around today for you and i to peer at, and ponder... what was life like back then? Man.

    ReplyDelete