Thursday, February 17, 2011

The End is Near

Okay, I admit it. All I can think about lately is the end of student life as I know it and everything that will follow. There are a lot of big changes coming up in my life; turning one year older and what that means to my religious culture-based social life, obtaining a master's degree, celebration of my accomplishment via vacation, moving back to Las Vegas, beginning my career. All in that order. I'd say those are some huge changes, no? HUGE. Sure, I'm nervous, a bit anxious, but also excited. I have so much to look forward to.
I saw this advertisement on the subway yesterday. It's funny how the company used that quote to encourage change or to state the change is a good thing, and it is. But I actually read it as, maybe I need to stop changing (i.e. my environment) after this New York chapter in my life. I've been thinking that way ever since I got here, when before, I always was always thinking, "Where should I move to next?! What's the next adventure?!". So, the fact that I've pretty much been homesick (in varying degrees) throughout my entire time here, I am confident in my choice to move back home. And after last night, it's official. June 2nd, baby!! Mark your calendars!!!:)

2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSS! So glad you're returning to the motherland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tears.
    Sad.
    NY will miss you.

    But I also want a "happy Liz." Do what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete