Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three Strikes, I'm Out

I'm pretty sure this is the third time I've been sick in the last four months. That is WAY TOO MANY times for me. I used to only rarely get sick, so this winter has been out of control. I found this image to depict how I really feel about it (Mom, I know you have a sense of humor).For real. I was talking to a cab driver the other day and he said the blizzard that happened over Christmas break was the worst he'd seen in 15 years!!! 15!!! That's insane. Well, my sickness I blame on being in and out of cold weather mostly, the nasty cold wind last weekend, and maybe I don't always get enough rest or adequate nutrition. I'm always busy with either my internship (i.e. as of late, visiting my clients at hospitals a day or two after they've given birth and to discharge their newborns from the hospital), and school (evening classes make for really long days), and church-related outings (church itself, an awesome institute class), and social outings (birthday parties, etc.). Needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to graduating in three months!!!! That's it! THREE months! It's hardly believable.

I have a vacation planned post graduation/pre moving back to Las Vegas. I'm going to spend a week on the beach in North Carolina with a bunch of Mormon singles. It's the famous, annual, long-time running "Duck Beach" vacation. I heard about it last summer, as it was the talk of the town for a bit. I didn't ever think I'd go. I had high hopes for my celebratory graduation trip--two weeks spent exploring Europe or a 12-day Mediterranean cruise. Yeah. High hopes. But when I thought about it, those trips would be a bit pricey and may take more effort than I'd like. This beach trip is just what I need. It's inexpensive, relaxing, someone else is organizing it, and there's a built-in social aspect to it all. And besides, here's the house I'll be staying in and it's surroundings:Yeah, I think I made a wonderful choice. Now if May 27th would just get here, already! I'm waiting impatiently.

2 comments:

  1. I will be already there waiting for your arrival laying out on that sand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so jealous that you'll be going to duck beach! i was thinking about going but my friend is getting married that weekend and i want to go to that. you'll have to tell me all about it!

    ReplyDelete