Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Near Snow Day and Thensome

We had a pretty little snow "storm" last week with a lot of hype. Both my work and school were sending out emails saying there may be a potential closing of facilities due to the impending storm. I was surprised at how much they talk about snow storms out here, like it's something new and unknown to the area. I'm pretty sure the winters out here have been like this for quite some time now. Anyway, I went out after my class (no "snow day" there) and took some photos of the aftermath.
Central Park


Washington Square Park (NYU)

And then last weekend I went to the Guggenheim for my first time. The building was almost cooler than the paintings.
I totally snuck that last one. I was told afterward that no photos are allowed of even the building on the upper floors. I wasn't even taking a picture of artwork! What a dumb rule.

I was doing some window shopping the other day near Union Square and got this lovely photoDuring my window shopping, I came across these one-of-a-kind rain boots!I was reminded of home, naturally, and I would've bought some just for the sake of buying Las Vegas memorabilia found in New York City, but I decided I did not need them. Plus, they are not the greatest fashion statement, and I wasn't the only one who thought this (see evidence below)I should mention, this was in a Ross-like store, where stuff is discounted. Even the discounted leftover boots aren't selling. Sad.

Speaking of Vegas, though, I'm 99.9-percent sure I'll be heading back to there come June. We'll see if it feels right as I plan for my future.

1 comment:

  1. The Guggenheim building is WAY cooler than the art. For sure.

    ReplyDelete