Monday, January 24, 2011

It's Crunch Time

It's starting to hit me--the fact that I only have about four months left in New York City. And I know that with my full schedule, that four months is going to fly by. I know I've complained a lot about life here, but I hope that I've also expressed some appreciation and affection for my time here. It will be a bittersweet departure, that's for sure. I've started to think of all the people I've met and made friends with and how I'll be sad to say goodbye to them. As is always the case for me, I feel like I'm just beginning to get to know a lot of awesome people just as I'm about to leave. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I have yet to stay put somewhere for longer than two and a half years.

Each place I've lived in my life I have met some phenomenal people. I have also experienced, in varying capacities, significant growth as a person. I never leave a city the same person as when I moved into it. This New York City experience and all it has held for me just might take the cake, in that regard.



Like Jay-Z raps out in his song "Empire State of Mind", "And since I made it here, I can make it anywhere."

No comments:

Post a Comment