Thursday, June 10, 2010

Up, Up, and Away!

I really should have applied for a frequent flyers card many moons ago. I feel like I fly so often, but maybe a few times a year isn't often enough. I love traveling, and last night, I got to see this:


As I sat and stared at the plane's wing and sunset beyond I thought to myself how strange and fascinating that the world is turning while I sit above it. And what a miracle it is, this machine I was sitting in, traveling thousands of miles above ground, at a ridiculous speed. And planes are old news! Yet, I'm stunned by it every time I fly.

Being home the last five days was so great. I'm so happy I got to see friends and family, both in Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. I am truly blessed. It dawned on me, too, how loved and appreciated I am. And because I'm away, I feel that much more adored. I have hope to move back home after I'm through here in New York, but then I wonder if I'll just be another face in the crowd, and no one will care that I'm around! This has me worried.

4 comments:

  1. This is silly talk. At least move back to the west coast! Or into my guest room. Whichever...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Guest room, it is! Besides, moving back in with one's parents at age 31 isn't so hot, anyway. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, I am so glad you got to go home! I need your help, so you should probably call me. Or I'll start planning my trip out there. Either way, I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete