Thursday, June 3, 2010

There's Always Tomorrow

Actually, tomorrow is today, and I'm afraid it's going to be a long day. I start the day off babysitting at 7am--that fact alone makes for a long day. I finish at 4pm and have a nice break before it's back to babysitting again at 9pm. If I don't get a nap in when the kids do in the afternoon, you better believe I'll be taking one inbetween babysitting gigs.

I've been hanging out with new friends lately and am enjoying it. I feel like it's a step toward making New York a "home", even if it turns out to be a temporay one. I had a strange first six months in NYC, not really feeling the desire to make much of an effort. I'm glad I feel differently now.

And speaking of tomorrows, I've decided on a few goals for myself for summer:

Heart Goal: Re-learn and rock the guitar.

Mind Goal: Re-learn Spanish and surpass my former ability to communicate.

Soul Goal: Work in and attend the temple weekly.

After pondering on what I could do to be productive this summer, and deciding on what I would like to do to fill my free time, the categories of creative (heart), mental (mind), and spiritual (soul) seemed to stand out. I started on the last goal first, and am doing very well. To help me accomplish the first two, I'll be bringing a few tools back with me from my trip home this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. And the reading goal is not forgotten. I started my second book, "Eat, Pray, Love". Another book on my roomate's shelf. I really like it so far and can relate to the author in some things, on a smaller scale.


2 comments:

  1. one of my goals this summer is to start playing the guitar again. we should practice together. btw, we should go watch the movie "eat,pray and love" once it comes out.

    ReplyDelete