Friday, June 25, 2010

Me and Michael Jackson

On the bus ride home from Boston a week ago, I was kept company the last two hours by two young boys sitting next to me. The first topic of conversation? Michael Jackson, of course! I knew these kids were cool when the younger of the two started singing "Smooth Criminal". They told me they could dance like MJ, too. I asked them if they'd ever seen his music videos. I then proceeded to YouTube videos on my phone of the awesome performer for their viewing pleasure. They mostly just wanted to see Michael moonwalk. Ha.

Then two nights ago, I had this vivid dream that I was hanging out with the ghost or spirit of Michael. It was so real, just us talking about his life and death. It was like we were old friends. Ha again. As cheesy as it sounds, for a fan like me, it was awesome! I know, I'm a dork.

Well, today on my way to the subway, I was handed a morning paper and this is what was on the cover:


Turns out today marks one year since his death. Crazy. I think I'll listen to his jams as much as possible today in tribute. Long live MJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment