Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mother

Where to begin...My mother is my best friend. She is my support, my constant. She is patient with me when I call her and do nothing but complain. She never gets angry at me when I cut her off in conversation so that I can speak what's on my mind, rather than listen to what's on hers. My mother is so giving, she is willing, and always has been, to send me anything and everything I've needed while living far away and on my own, from California to Costa Rica, from Utah to New York, at whatever cost. She is realistic, not idealistic, in her thinking when I come to her with a concern or problem, which I appreciate. She is honest and gives all her time to her children and their children (just ask my dad). She spends lots of time with him, too, and demonstrates patience, even when he can be cranky and frustrating. She taught me to always say my prayers by kneeling beside me throughout my childhood, every night.I am grateful every single day, and every hour, for being blessed with a wonderful, kind, and loving mother. When I hear others complain about their mothers or say they aren't that close with theirs, or that they don't talk to theirs that often, I cannot relate. I don't understand.

My mother is the greatest blessing in my life.I love you, mama.Happy Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment