Monday, May 9, 2011

Catchin' Up

Withing the last week or two I've been able to see and spend time with good ol' friends that have made their way to NYC for various reasons. First, Emily! She just graduated, too! We met up several times and ate and shopped and it was fun!
Following her visit, I got to see one of my friends, Alliy, who was a mission companion of mine. She stayed with me, which allowed for us to really catch up. Below we're at her booth at the trade show she was here for.
This was Friday, or better known as "the day of freedom," and I celebrated well, as you can see below. One of only a small handful of 7-Elevens in the New York City area, and I'm glad I came across it that day. Hits the spot! On Saturday I took a spontaneous trip down to Coney Island with another friend I needed to catch up with (though I failed to get her picture). I doubt I would've made my way there before I move away, so I'm glad I went. The pictures speak for themselves:
And the weekend ended (or the week began) with a lovely birthday party gathering in Sheep's Meadow in Central Park.I took my time getting out of there on the way home, and it was so peaceful.I saw ducks and turtles and flowers and lakes and bridges...I even saw a Red Cardinal! It was wonderful.

1 comment: