Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Real

Ticket in hand:


It's official...I'm in! You can't get THIS far, right, without having passed?! I've already checked for final grades twice, but they're not posted, yet. I wasn't worried about passing class, really...but just the reality of it all hasn't sunk in just yet, that I am done, never to return to academia again. It was a surreal moment, sitting in my last class, trying to soak it in and appreciate it. I actually finished grad school in the same exact classroom where I began, two years ago. I'm probably the only one in the world that would notice such a thing, or even care about it. But I thought it was pretty cool. It shows you how sentimental and observant I am.

Yesterday I got my hair cut at a salon that specializes in curly hair, and my hair feels great! It pretty much looks the same, cause it always does. Afterward, I picked up my graduation cap and gown rental for the big day, one week from today. Here's a sneak peek!


Now I just need everyone I know to pray for good weather for next week. It says it's supposed to rain every day! Oh boy.

1 comment:

  1. isn't this so exciting? a year ago i was going through all that you're going now and it's such an amazing feeling. i will pray for you so that it doesn't rain. while my family was here for my graduation it rained the whole time. so at the convocation at the yankee stadium we could only stay for half of it because of how much it was raining. sigh. anyway, i am sorry i didn't make it last night. hopefully you had a great time. i'd like to see you before you leave. i know this week will be crazy for you but after your parents leave if you have some little time please let me know. x

    ReplyDelete