Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to the Books!

Today (Sept. 7th) was the first day of the second-to-last semester of my life. How's that for dramatic?! And I should be in bed right now. Go figure.

This semester I have all four classes on one day, so it's a long one, but I think I'm going to like my schedule. I go to school once a week! It's pretty great. I just need to make sure I stay on top of all my reading for homework and such. I think I'm going to like all my professors pretty well, and I know at least two people in each class from last year, so that's nice. I tried a new thing this semester and rented my books from the NYU Bookstore, rather than buy them. Some may think, "why rent when you can own?!" and I say, "I saved over $200 doing it that way and most of those books I will NEVER USE AGAIN", so I don't mind at all that I have to send them back when I'm done. You may think as a grad student I'd want to keep all of my books, like they may be useful one day. But don't fret, I'm keeping the ones I think I'll need/use in my future social work practice. I'm not that desperate for cash. Just a little.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I will be working at my internship, which I'm really excited about. I'll be working at an adoption agency that will go unnamed here, for confidentiality purposes. I think I'm really going to like it and do well there. I start there next week. The powers that be at NYU give us a week to sink into our school work before they plunge us into the depths of social work practice in action. But I'm ready! I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment