Monday, September 27, 2010

No One Likes a Frowny Face

Ok. I admit it. I've been a Negative Nancy WAY more than I've been a Positive Penelope since I've moved to New York. I feel it every day I step outside my door and walk down the busy, noisy, sometimes dirty streets. I need to "change my ways, while I'm young" as Brandon Flowers sings so lovingly in The Killers song, "Smile Like You Mean It". That song is playing in my headphones as I type this. I totally didn't plan that, but how awesome. This post is all about smiling like I mean it in New York City. I've decided it's time I focus on the things that I like here. So, what this means is that I am going to post once a week something positive. Ha. Now Brandon just sang "heaven ain't close in a place like this". So true. Crap, that was negative. I'm not starting my weekly list of positive things until this coming Sunday. Sunday is the Sabbath, after all. What better day to focus on positive thoughts!

In the meantime, here's some positive photos of my adventure driving outside the city last week (Don't worry, it took all of TWO seconds to take these photos, and I did NOT take my eyes off the road, promise. My method is aim and shoot and hope you get something good)

I LOVE bridges, especially driving over them.
The leaves are changing! I LOVE Fall!!!!!
Suburbia! I "LOVE" Walmart!
I also LOVE puppies!!
He wanted to come home with me.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song!!! ive been listening to that song this week too! btw, is that you driving in nyc? also, when will i see your beautiful smile again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it's me driving out of NYC! Good times. And soon! We need to get together.

    ReplyDelete