Monday, September 13, 2010

Stand A Little Taller, Indeed

I haven't opened the book of the same title by Gordon B. Hinckley that often over the last six months, but when I do, it's spot on:

Prepare For A Career

"I don't care what you plan to do as your life's vocation, but prepare yourselves. Get the best education you can. Qualify yourselves the best way you know how. It's part of a mandate from the Lord that you train yourselves."

And the scripture of the day:
"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

It's good to know I'm doing something right!

On a totally unrelated note, I went to the Brooklyn Art Museum last weekend to see Andy Warhol's art of his last decade. See what I saw:








Apparently, he was a devout Catholic but kept it hush-hush until this time of his life.















2 comments:

  1. ive been wanting to go to this exhibition for the longest time! im so lazy these days. maybe ill go this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no longer up! It closed the next day. Sad day.

    ReplyDelete