Sunday, January 31, 2010

Night Owl = Me

It's nearly 1 am, and I'm still up. Story of my life. I have always been a night owl (right, mom?). Pretty much my whole life I feel like I'm always the last one to go to bed...when I was younger, living at home and also in my adult life. I don't know why, but I just like it. What I DON'T like is getting up in the morning before 9 am. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed, really. I don't think it matters--I still struggle with the am wake-up call. Ask anyone who's ever lived with me, and they'll tell you. The snooze button is my best friend and worst enemy.

I went with some friends to a karaoke birthday party tonight. It was a rented room all to ourselves and there was quite a turnout. I love a good karaoke night and don't experience them enough. I only knew a small handful of people there, but did not hesitate to get up and sing a few jams. My favorite part of karaoke, besides singing the songs, of course, is the awesome video images/music videos that play on the screen during the songs. During "Total Eclipse of the Heart" there were ducks on a pond and some boats and waterfalls flashing on the big screen TV. So random and so awesome. I need to find a karaoke bar to go to with some friends, because, while singing in a private room with familiar people is fun, singing in front of strangers who are most likely drunk and who will get up and sing, too, is SO FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment