Monday, February 1, 2010

Commuting My Life Away

Like everyone else, I'm sure, I am shocked it's already February. Where does the time go?! I'll tell you where it goes...the New York City Transit. If I added up the time I spend commuting in this illustrious city (but I won't) I would probably find that half my waking hours are spent walking to and from and riding to and from various locations. From where I live now, it takes about one hour to get to my internship one way, and I do that commute three days a week. Two days a week I commute to school, about 35 minutes or so each way. And don't forget even the Sabbath. I take either the train or the bus at about 15-20 minutes one way. Now, that's not bad, and I realize that people commute in their cars back in Vegas easily for 30 minutes to an hour. Honestly, as much as this sounds like I'm complaining, it is nice to just sit and not have to worry about bad traffic or, even worse, bad drivers!

2 comments:

  1. Think of all the reading you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true! I do get reading done that way. That's another positive thing to it.

    ReplyDelete