Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feelin' Domestic

I made it a goal recently to finally try my hand at making stuff, like, food, I mean. All my life I've been pretty lazy/uninterested in cooking, but I suppose I'm becoming domestic in my old age. Ha. So, the goal is to make something once a week (baby steps).

Two weeks ago I made my mom's barbecue meatloaf.
And even though it tasted pretty salty, I made it again last week, too. Come to find out, there WAS way too much salt in it. Either I was told wrong or I wrote it down wrong. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to making it again with much less salt.

On Sunday I made granola!!! And LOTS of it! (p.s. the pot may be misleading. I didn't cook it in a pot...I just didn't have a big bowl to mix it all together.)
I know I've only made two things so far, but this is probably going to be my favorite. Here's why:

1.) It's so easy!! Just a tad time consuming, but what else are you going to do on a Sunday?!

2.) It's delicious!! What's great is, after the main ingredients, you can customize it with the nuts and dried fruit you like.

3.) It's long lasting!! The recipe calls for a pound of oats! I'll be eating granola for DAYS and loving every minute of it! And it keeps nicely.

4.) It's good for me!! It's got wheat germ and cranberries, to name a few!

I think I've made my point. But it's back to the not-so-healthy for the meal to be cooked later this week--Tater Tot Casserole, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Baby love!. that is so awesome. If you ever want my banana chocolate chip bread recipe let me know. its easy and its my favorite to make, makes me feel domestic every time. Way to cook in non friendly cooking new york kitchens!

    ReplyDelete