Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eh (and other words)

I wasn't that impressed tonight. But I'm still committed to seeing the show to its end, no doubt.

http://strawgrasping.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/lost-season-5-promo.jpg

Dear Abby came over to watch it with me tonight! Thanks, Abbs! It's always a comfort to be around that one. She's my Vegas connection, aka my "home away from home". I'm trying to get it through her head (and have been for months, now!), and I say that lovingly (she knows that) that it makes a world of difference when I have "home" around me more often. Abby and me in SLC (ironically, not in Vegas)

Several people have told me it took one year (a few have said 6 months) to get to the point where they transitioned/got accustomed to/enjoyed living in the NYC. And, of course, I have experienced moving and taking time to adjust to new places plenty of times. I guess what's different this time is I'm kinda over it, I've done it so many times. I used to thrive on it, for some reason. I'm coming up on 6 months here, soon. That's really weird. It's going incredibly fast, and I imagine when my time is up here (aka: graduation!) I'll be all nice and settled in....just in time to move again. Such is my life. Some day I'll have a home and stay there. I think I am realizing that is what I have wanted all along.

1 comment: