Sunday, January 17, 2010

Get LOST!

Ok, three out of five weeks in January. Not too shabby. Let's see if I can keep this up, writing every Sunday.

This past week was super unproductive. I did work at my internship MWF, so it wasn't a total lazy week. But on my days off I was L-A-Z-Y. I start school this Tuesday, so I was taking advantage while I still can. And how did I decide to spend a good part of my free time? I re-watched Season 5 of the television show LOST to prep for the next and final season that begins in a few weeks (Feb. 2nd at 8pm, to be exact). I don't know what to think about it all...the whole 'show ending' thing. This is the first and only show I have ever been really into watching from start to finish, and that's because it is so stinkin' good. It's like watching a never-ending, really well-made, well-acted, well-written, well-produced, action-packed, suspenseful, twist-turning, emotional movie. Except that now it IS about to end, and, frankly, I'm nervous. Mostly, I'm afraid that I'm going to be disappointed. So far, I have not been disappointed by the show, or at least not often. And now that it's ending, I don't know what they ("they" being the brains behind the show) can actually do to bring this long-lasting, amazing show to an end that will suit it. But I should have more faith in them, I guess. They've kept my attention for this long. I know that I sound crazy, talking about a TV show in such a way....but hey, it's fun. And I've seriously invested a lot of time and emotion into the characters on the show. There are so many layers to the back stories and lives of the people. And so much meaning in the writing of the show. Even the books that characters are shown reading have meaning and add to the plot in some way. So yes, I'm invested. Yes, I'm sad to see LOST come to an end this season. And yes, I'm afraid of being letdown, just because I've enjoyed it all this time. But whatever. In the end, it's just a TV show, and I just happen to own all the seasons on DVD. Re-watching it in the future will happen, most definitely. It's fun to get people to start watching LOST, as I've recently done with my new roommates. They just started Season 1, and I have watched a good part of it with them. What's great is that I still react to it and get sucked in, even though I know what happens. Now, THAT'S a sign of a good show. I'm not sure if that will change once I know THE END. I guess I'll find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment