Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blast from the Past

Disneyland has it right..."It's a small world after all."

Thanks to facebook, I recently reconnected with one of my brother's friends from high school. He actually was a friend to the whole family, rather than just my brother. That's why I remember him most, well, that and he drove a convertible. That fact was clear in my mind...the convertible part. I must've thought he was the coolest! Ha.

Anyway, I saw he was friends with one of my sisters on facebook and clicked on his name. Lo and behold, I saw that he is not only living in New York City, but he is also a social worker! Has been for years! I emailed him right away to let him know I am here in the city, earning my MSW. Needless to say, he couldn't believe it! We spoke on the phone just before Christmas and last Saturday met up to say hello.

I'm not sure when exactly we last saw each other, but this might have been what I looked like last time me and Peter saw each other...
And this is what he might have looked like then...
And look at us now! Boy, how time flies!It was really incredible to see a familiar face, being that I hadn't seen that face in a very long time...since I was a kid, really. But it brought my Vegas home to the forefront of my mind. I don't know what it is, but I really feel homesick these days. I don't know if I will fall in love with New York City or not, but I am trying to be grateful for and cherish this amazing opportunity and experience.

Disneyland wasn't the only one who got something right...home IS where the heart is, whoever said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment