Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Pure Exhaustion

At the end of each day I am thoroughly beat on the street. Walking up and down subway stairs and to and from locations every day really takes it outta ya. Also, I haven't been eating properly (crap. my mom reads this). I eat! Don't worry. I just haven't been eating till I feel hunger pains. I know, that's not good. And I will rectify this issue a.s.a.p.

Today was DMV day. I originally planned to hit the place up when they opened first thing in the morning. Well, that didn't happen today. I could've gone tomorrow at that time, but I thought, I have the whole day, I will just go down and see what it's like early afternoon. Bad idea. There was a major long line, but I decided to just go for it anyway. FOUR hours later, I walked outta that hell hole. Luckily I had a school book and a NY travel guide with me. I pretty much read the travel guide from front to back, which I'm glad about. I have less than two weeks left before I get busy and into school, so I'm going to take advantage and see some sights of this town I never have seen before.

Tonight I saw a bit of Chelsea. I crashed, yet, another birthday celebration (that's three in one week!) We met up for ice cream in Chelsea, and then pizza in Washington Square, which happens to be directly across from where my school is. Below is a little taste of both areas, and a little taste of new and old friends.This is Suvi, the friend who gave me the awesome dresser! We met in SLC.
This is called High Rise, I think. It's a fairly new, above ground walkway/park in Chelsea. It was super nice. And funny how you can sit and watch cars drive by. There's a part you can sit and look out at the water. I plan to go back there to soak it in.Abby and friend, chillin' in Washington Square park.The red brick you see on the left side is the NYU Library.Jessica and new friend Jeffrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment