Sunday, August 23, 2009

Never, Never on a Sunday

The weekend was fun! I party crashed as a tag-a-long friend to birthday parties Friday and Saturday night and met some nice, new people. These two shin-digs took place in one area of Manhattan I had never been before and one that I hadn't been to that much before; Inwood (which is north of Central Park) and an area known as the "Financial District." I'll give you two guesses of where the latter one is located...yes, you guessed it. Near Wall St. and all those other financial buildings. I only took pictures at the Saturday night party. It was held outdoors on this huge courtyard in the back of this super nice and very new (this was rare, because nothing is new in NYC) apartment building. Oh, and it's SUPER tall.
The party was adorable...and, as usual, so was Abby
BUT!...so was I.......because I hang out with Abby.

Sunday was interesting. I took the subway to church, so it didn't feel much like a Sunday at all.
I went into Manhattan to see about attending a ward where I heard they allow NYU students to go to, but it turns out you still have to live in the boundaries...and I definitely do not. So, I visited Abby's ward and called it good for now (see below. also, the temple).I will be attending a branch instead, from here on out. I hear it's small, hence the branch status (to be a ward I think you need at least 100 people). I'm actually really looking forward to it. It will be a neat experience, to say the least. It's called the Bushwick Branch and takes place in Brooklyn. More details on it to follow next Sunday, after I have gone for my first time.

My roommate made grilled hot dogs with potato chips and pork beans on the side for dinner. It totally hit the spot! I have fantastic roommates. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your adventures in NYC. I love you. Keep the blog post a'comin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hardly a tag-a-long lovely! I am glad you are here!

    ReplyDelete