Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Cold Shower? Why, Yes! Every Night, Please!

Ok, so posting twice a day won't happen forever. I've got a lot of time on my hands at this moment, so why not? I went to the Anthropologie in Soho today. It was a longer walk than I expected after getting off the subway. I probably didn't look too pretty by the time I went inside to talk to the hiring manager, because of the sweat and all. I was greeted warmly, but turned cold when I was told I had to fill out an application and have an interview at a company to which I am still employed. You see, they do things differently in all aspects out here in NYC. It's life in the fast lane, and well, I guess there is a possibility I won't get the job where I am already hired...? That doesn't make any sense. But whatev. I feel like it's about time to throw in the towel at Anthro, anyhow. We shall see. I met my cousin and his gf for pizza at Lombardi's in Little Italy (the very first pizza place to exist in the U.S.A!). It was very delicious! Then we visited this place: The weather turned near perfect for it, too. The clouds covered the all-too-warm sun, and a gentle, cool breeze began to dry my sweaty, sweaty body.My cousin is visiting before he heads off to London town for grad school. You can totally tell we're family; both tall, lanky, blonde fools. Gotta love my big, humid hair.I tell you what, the humidity about kills me, especially when down below the earth, awaiting the subway train. But wait for it...the sounds of the train approaching brings with it a breeze, albeit a warm, smelly breeze, but a breeze nonetheless! It's the sweetest/nastiest feeling in the world!! It is at that moment that I know I am going to be ok, as I step into the air-conditioned subway car, and let out a sigh. And living in this amazing city, including what's in the image below, makes the moist heat all the more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment