Sunday, August 22, 2010

Today, On My Walk (Part 2)

I spontaneously decided to hop on a bus going south and got off at 59th Street/Columbus Circle. This is where Central Park begins. I ended up walking north, through the park to make my way home and discovered some amazingly beautiful and serene places along the way. Plus, it helped that it was rainy and overcast to set the melancholy mood. I like Sheep's Meadow better when no one's on it.


This spot was so calm and peaceful. I sat here for awhile (notice my feet in the bottom right corner)Shakespeare's Garden. This was quaint and adorable and I felt like I was anywhere but NYC!
Above is the Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater! Yes, I plan to attend a play asap.

The way out

Another unique gem of a car. Nice.

I'm so glad I did that walk today. There were so many nooks and paths along my way that I had never seen or noticed before. The rain helped slow me down for a change. :)

1 comment: