Friday, August 27, 2010

Summer Completion

Ok. I can now kiss summer goodbye properly:

I finally had a Slurpee from 7-Eleven! I can't believe I almost went the entire summer without a single Slurpee purchase. Phew! That was close. This is the only Sev for miles! Or at least, it seems that way. I have to say, it felt like home stepping into that corner store, especially with that sign in the window! I actually am a huge fan of chain stores, it turns out. Forget originality and rarity. Give me a 7-Eleven and 5-dollar footlong from Subway instead of a "bodega" (aka: convenience store) and a "hero" (aka: subway sandwich) and I'm happy. Same goes for shopping. I'm more than content to go to Target and H&M than any number of boutique shops that line the streets of New York. Perhaps it's just a comfort thing, and I'm okay with that.

I think living in NYC is the catalyst for my simplicity movement. There's just so much goin' on here, it's overwhelming. I need simple. I need chainstores. I need a massage.

1 comment:

  1. Chance and I were writing a love song for you today. Something like: "Liz, Li-iz, You are the Shiz

    ReplyDelete