Monday, August 9, 2010

Four Weeks and Counting

Well, the summer is swiftly coming to a close. Week one of August has come and gone already, and I'm one week closer to my trip to London! Crazy. The last few weeks have been full of kid watching and temple working and I don't know what else. A lot of walking. I have been avoiding riding the subway this summer because it's like walking into a sauna. Nothin' but sweat and stink. So yeah, I've been opting to walk and/or ride the bus, when at all possible.

Last week I went to Madison Square Garden for my first time.

The band Arcade Fire played. I saw them once before in Salt Lake City a few years ago. I love their music and they put on a fantastic performance. It was my friend Kirsten's birthday, so we celebrated via live music.


It was a lot of fun. I haven't been to that many concerts here, yet, despite the fact that every band I could ever want to hear comes to NYC. But this city comes with a price, and a very costly one, at that. Concerts are not cheap, but I am. Ha.

Also, last week, I stepped out of my apartment to find this:


It's a movie trailer. I've seen these around the city before, but never literally right outside my front door. There were many more just around the corner. I found out that a movie called "Premium Rush" is being filmed. No celebrity sightings, though. But come next year, I'll be looking out for my neighborhood on the big screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment