Sunday, August 15, 2010

Something to Celebrate

Today marks one year for me as a dweller of New York City. I swear, the more time that passes, the quicker it goes. Does that make any sense? When I arrived here a year ago, I had some idea of what it may be like living in New York. I knew I wouldn't have a car, I knew I would be a student again, I knew I'd be poor, I knew I'd be challenged, and I knew I would learn a lot. I was right on all of those things. And after going through a year of grad school, not only surviving, but doing well at it simultaneously, and exploring and playing quite hard this summer, I feel much more confident where I stand in my life and what I am doing. Little by little, I feel more and more sure of the direction I am choosing to go. I had a sweet moment today in church that solidified that feeling for me. I also felt the feeling of gratitude. I have a fantastic life and have been so blessed.
Is it just me, or does August 15th look more like September 15th?

No comments:

Post a Comment