Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oh, What A Beautiful Morning!

Oh, what a beautiful month, actually! August has been divine, weather-wise. This time last year was the hottest, most humid week of my life and my first week in New York City. This year, so far it has rained a bit, and there has been cool breezes to enjoy. I guess a few days have been a bit on the warm/humid side, but not enough to cause memorable misery.


I'm kind of over wearing sandals, at this point. Frankly, I'm a much better dresser for the colder months, or at least I enjoy the fashion of the fall and winter much more than summer. I did, however, embrace the wearing of skirts and shorts this summer for the first time in YEARS. And I mean YEARS. My self-conscious self got the best of me over all this time. But finally, in New York City where there's a billion and one people who I walk past every day, I realized that not a single person is gonna notice my legs or care if I have noticeable spider veins on them. I managed to get a bit of a tan this way, too. That and I got super sunburned twice at the beach. I must say, though, I am beginning to feel prepared to dust off the jeans soon and where socks and shoes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment