Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Forgive My Absence

Yeah, I haven't had much extra time on my hands, as of late. I shouldn't even be posting this now. But, ya know, you can only work on a paper you're not sure about for so long. I know I've said this once, and I'll say it again...holy cow, this semester went by fast! This whole year! The whole year and a half!!!! Who am I kidding, time is not ever going to be the same again. I remember the days of being a Jr. High School student when I felt like I had all the time in the world to hang out with my friends (and i did), watch TV (and i did), and do absolutely nothing of importance every single weekend! What the?! Where the?! Man, growing up and becoming responsible is tough. See? here I am, talking like a 16-year old, instead of a soon-to-be 31-year old. For real. I'd like to go back to 1996, please. Thank you.

But instead, I'll just be proud of my accomplishments since then, and gaze upon things that are awesome, like this:I walked out of class on Tuesday night to the sounds of Christmas carolers. I followed their song and was not surprised where I found them gathered. The arch at Washington Square Park (center of NYU campus) is beautiful. I'm sure it has an official name, but I'm too tired to Google it right now. While it's beautiful to behold, I am THRILLED that I only have to see it one more time this year! Only one day of class to go to turn in my final papers. ONE! That's it! Five months from now, I'll be walking across a stage to receive my Master's degree in Social Work. Ha. I don't think I'll feel quite ready for that when it happens, but I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment