Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It Was Worth It

I meant to post about this a lot sooner, but alas, time keeps slipping away from me. My awesome friends Abby and Travis FINALLY tied the knot about a week ago. Behold, Trabby! Or Abbis!I say "finally", because I can. I have been a witness of this roller coaster ride of love since the VERY START. Abby met Travis when she and I were living as roommates in Salt Lake City, UT. It was out first spring/summer there, in 2007. Well, pretty soon after the summer, they both ended up out in NYC. Funny how I followed about one year later. When I wasn't physically around to witness their romance, with the highs and lows that come with every relationship, I was virtually around via a little thing called email and gchat. Abby and I both had desk jobs that required mindless work, therefore, we were able to spend a good part of our days, for a good length of time, chatting about our woes and wants and likes and dislikes. I looked forward to going to work, because I knew I'd most likely have an email waiting for me from Abby (since NY is two hours ahead of Utah, she got into work before I did and often had stories to tell me--not always related to Travis, mind you). I think it's safe to say, and that she'd agree with me, that in those days of long distance friendship, our friendship grew profoundly. I never guessed that when my off and on/multi-state dwelling roommate (we lived together in Vegas, then Salt Lake City) and dear, dear friend moved across the country, we'd actually grow closer. I've been fighting technology a lot lately, not really enjoying the fact that it's taken away from the more traditional face-to-face time that I so enjoy with people, but I guess I'm forgetting what it did for this friendship. Maybe I need to remember it more often and stop trying to fight and isolate myself from it, but rather, make it work to my advantage.

But back the wedding! It was beautiful and so much fun. I'm so glad they decided to get married here in NYC. I already had to miss several dear friends' weddings this year. I'm so happy I didn't have to miss another! I failed to bring my camera, idiotically, so I stole these from my old roomie (thanks, Alina!;)I love it when a love story has a happy ending, with all the other stuff before it and in between. One main thought ran through my mind that day, and Abby, you know I love you when I say this...There's hope!:)

2 comments:

  1. Liz, i feel so very honored that you wrote this post about us. "I love us."
    You will always be my most special friend. Thank you for always being there for me, (even if it's through G-chat.)
    Yes, you are the only witness of Travis and I's dramatic relationship. But happy endings do exsist. And yes, there is always hope.... And there is always love; even if it comes in weird packages through the internet. I will always love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that wedding was so amazing and it restored my hope in finding true love.

    ReplyDelete