Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

Mid-October?! What the...? How did that happen? I'm approaching midterms in school and am wondering what I've learned. Ha. Just kidding. Of course, I've learned new things. This second year, so far, has been much better than the first year. It's just way more relaxed and interesting. Last year was like survival of the fittest! For real. At one or two or three points, I thought I wasn't going to make it...but, I did! Go, me! Anyway, before I know it, I'll be walking up to get my degree at graduation, and then it's back to the REAL world! (ya know, the kind of world where you make money and don't have to write papers). And I'm lookin' forward to it.

This week is the week of visitors for me. Naomi is has been here the past few days (below we're on a boat in Central Park!)
and Meleah and some of her family comes tomorrow. It's always great when friend's come to town. It forces me to go out and do fun stuff, though it's not always good for my wallet. I don't get crazy or anything, but it's just more than I usually spend, of course. It doesn't happen often, so it's worth it. I've only got so much time here left in NYC. May as well enjoy it, especially when friends are visiting.

We went to this flea market where I scored some J. Crew black leather boots for $50! And I took these photos of awesome old stuff



Naomi and I walked passed this adorable old Chinese man selling birds he made out of ribbon. No one seemed to be stopping to look at his birds, so I couldn't resist. Meet Jorge!
I can't get over how awesome this photo is! Thanks, Naomi!:)

And last night, I was a lot hungrier than I realized and I devoured this delicious and huge B.L.T

Yeah, that gluten and dairy free diet (oh yeah, and meat) has gone out the window this last week. A girl can only resist for so long! And none of those things did I claim I'd give up forever. I still don't eat a ton of bread or cheese/milk or meat, but I think it does affect me somewhat when I do.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a fabulous hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Naom!

    And Em, you didn't?? I thought I advertised via a link once, and it's been on my facebook profile under "website". I started it when I moved here mostly for my fam to see what I'm up to.

    ReplyDelete