Thursday, October 28, 2010

Time is Tickin'

I swear, lately every day when I've looked at the clock it's often either 11:11 or 1:11, sometimes 3:33. Maybe other times, too. What does it all mean?!! I heard once that it's supposedly lucky and you make wish. If that's the case, then I've been losing out on a lot of wishes because I haven't been wishing at these times.

Anyway, I'm one midterm down, three more to go! And soon I'll be heading to the Wild West for Thanksgiving with my sweet family. I cannot believe October is nearly over. I've decided against going all out for Halloween this year. I'm not feeling much in the mood anymore and while there will be a handful of Halloween costume parties to attend, I've chosen a different route.

I bought tickets to see Devo in concert this Saturday! Yes, Devo! "Whip it! Whip it good! Into shape! Shape it up!" However, just before I posted this, I got a phone call letting me know they had to cancel due to a personal injury. That is terrible news. I am pretty bummed about it. However, the two other bands are still playing who I totally wanted to see, anyway.
Neon Trees is a band from Utah, of all places (Provo, even)! And I know the bassist Brandon Campbell (right), through a few cousins and friends of mine.

And The Drums I have yet to fully explore, but a friend of mine recommended them awhile back and I dig what I've heard so far. And better yet, the concert is now FREE! I'm getting reimbursed for my ticket purchase, but getting to go anyway. And the one and only Abby and Travis are joining me!

No, these are not our Halloween costumes. This was just a zombie dance party we went to, oh, I don't know....three years ago!!!! These two are getting hitched NEXT FRIDAY! I feel loved that they're spending their last weekend as "non-marrieds" with me. Their wedding is going to awesome and fun. I'm excited to go and am so happy for them! Hooray, for love and marriage!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Neon Trees play a sold out show at the House of Blues in Boston for free one night last year, before heading to another venue that I actually had tickets for. It was a good night. And I may or may not have allowed a drunk Bostonian to pay me too much attention, because I got excited when the first words out of his mouth were, "Do you know what band this is?" Me, overly excited: "Yes! They're from my hometown!" etc. etc.

    Also, I like the drums. And am jealous/happy for you.

    ReplyDelete