Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh Boy

Ok, so I am finding it extremely difficult to concentrate on the last four week of this semester. First, the weather has turned!!! It is Spring, officially. I had to take my cardigan off while walking home tonight because I actually felt warm. Incredible. It makes me just want to be outside all the time.

Second, I don't want to face my final assignments; one 15-page paper, one 10-page paper, and another 10-page paper, plus studying for an multiple choice exam...all due in about 4 weeks. Yikes. Let's just say, I'm not promising all As this time around. I never promised those in the first place, but yeah, I'm totally OK with Bs. And third, there's just a lot goin' on around here. It's been three full months now that I have lived in my apartment in Manhattan. I think it's safe to say I feel settled in and am starting to really make friends and get to know people and be familiar to people. So, that's nice.

This past weekend was General Conference for the church and I watched all four sessions at the church. I really think I got a whole lot more out of it, because I was at the church, dressed up, sitting up, and watching a big screen. All these factors contributed to an inspiring weekend. In between sessions on Saturday I joined a small group of people in Central Park for a picnic. How's that for a New York moment?! I still sometimes can't believe I live here.

A few favorite notes from Conference:

-It is possible to feel bathed in help, even in turbulent times.

-There are those who have imagined a Jesus who wants people to work for social justice, but who makes no demands upon their personal life and behavior.

-There is no greater good than motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment