Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I'm a Little Slow

I recently have noticed a fashion trend going on. It seems that all of a sudden, every other woman I see has this style of bag on their shoulder:
I couldn't help wonder what is it about this bag that makes it SO popular! I think the same thing about Coach and Louis Vuitton bags. Why do women spend hundreds of dollars for a purse with a bunch of letters all over it?! It just doesn't compute in my brain. I'm sure others wondered the same about me, but on the other end of the spectrum when I used to wear baggy corduroy pants from thrift stores and boys' skateboard shoes. Why would I spend money on that stuff, right? Actually, someone did wonder something similar about me and asked me once. It was my childhood crush, to be exact. I'll never forget it. We were in high school by this point, and though I would never have his heart, I still had this long-lasting crush on him. That is, until he asked me the question, "Why do you wear guys' shoes?". I don't even remember the answer I gave him. I was kinda embarrassed (duh), and I think I said something like, "Because I just like them. They're comfortable". We kinda laughed about it, but it was then that I knew he would never love me for me. Well, he would never love me, regardless, but I think I learned something from that moment. I remember thinking, if he doesn't like me because I don't wear the "right" shoes, then he's not for me. Anyway, I don't know what that story has to do with the trendy bags I was talking about, but that's where my thoughts took me.

And apparently those bags have been around for a few years, according to a classmate of mine, but I just started noticing them recently. Funny. I guess I've never been one for the fashion trend world.

2 comments: