Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Behind the Driver's Seat

That's exactly where I was today, behind the driver's seat, literally. My internship allows me the opportunity to get in a car and drive each week. I go as passenger, too. Both feel amazing when you're used to taking public transit every day, for months on end. But the driving? I've never felt so in control!



Driving has never felt so good. I think it's a sense of freedom or something. A sense of power, maybe? I don't know. It just feels good every time I do it. Too bad after next week, I won't get to do it anymore, since my internship is ending.

It's a good thing I live around the corner from three or four car rental places. I guess I'll just have to satisfy my driving craving this summer by taking multiple road trips to surrounding areas, such as D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, and Rhode Island! Never been to any of those places, and I've always been fascinated by the tiniest state in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment