Saturday, October 17, 2009

Artistic Weekend-Part 1

Ok, so it's been awhile since my last post. Basically, that translates to school is kicking my trash. I'm reaching midterm point, and THAT translates to lots of writing (which I should be doing now, in fact, instead of posting on this blog). But I guess I'm not that worried. I have till next Thursday to complete one that I'm already half way done with. So yeah, I should be ok. Here's hoping.

This weekend was the first in several weekends that I actually went out and did fun stuff with my friends, and it was full of wonderful art, which is why I am going to break this post into two parts. Last night I did two amazing things. I met up with my friend Jess to visit MOMA (Museum of Modern Art),which is free on Friday nights. The first and only time I had been to that place was my first time to NYC, back in 2001. It was well overdue. The place was hoppin', with tons of people everywhere, thanks to the "free"-ness of it all. People LOVE free stuff. And not just Americans or Mormons. Ha. The visit was a little hard to enjoy fully because of all the people, but it was good to see some great art. And I was sure glad Jess was there to point out the technical details and stuff to the photography (her specialty) and other art.

After MOMA, we went to see this movie:And I LOVED it. I want to go see it again, that's how much I loved it. I could see it tonight, THAT'S how much I loved it. I'm just sayin'. L-O-V-E. I was enthralled in the story, in the world of "wild things", the entire time. The acting was phenomenal (where did this little boy come from?!), the scenery/imagery was beautiful, the storyline (that is only like 10 sentences in the children's book) was deep and meaningful (I even choked up a bit). I'm no film critic (I'm fairly easy to entertain), but man, that was good. Oh, and the soundtrack? Forget about it. So stinkin' good. Everyone MUST go see this movie. I really have loved the name Max (short for Maxwell) for some time now. It may just be my first born's given name, girl or boy. I'm claiming it now, just so you know.

1 comment: