Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Official, I'm Official

Obtaining a New York State Driver's license really shouldn't be so easy. All I had to do was fill out a form, wait in line for two hours at the DMV (duh), hand over my current driver's license, and pay 45 dollars. No test!...oh, except a quick, very simplified sight test. And bam! I'm official. I know people who hold on to their same license, no matter where they move to. I've never liked doing that. Maybe it is a matter of feeling more a part of my new state, I don't know. I was quick to get a Utah driver's license when I first moved there, and now New York. Too bad they don't let you keep the old ones, because I could've started a collection! Behold! My new form of identification: Pretty snazzy.
On a totally unrelated note, I've been experiencing several celebrity sightings this past week. Juliette Binoche was doing some sort of signing at a Barnes and Noble, and I managed to sneak a photo. It's not that great, but it was taken through glass and from a distance. No, I would not make a good paparazzi photographer.Also, the main actress on Law & Order was in Central Park on Sunday with her husband and son. I would have never noticed this, but someone I was with had an eagle eye (or is a fan of the show), and she whipped out her trusty iPhone Internet skills to confirm the sighting. I knew for sure, when I heard her voice. I don't watch the show, but I've seen tidbits. It was her, indeed. No pics, though. I didn't want to intrude on family time. They were actually the most adorable family, playing in the park together. I would've been staring anyway, but I didn't stare, really.

One more unrelated note, last week my aunt and uncle were in town. I met up with them in Times Square for lunch. I didn't manage to catch their photo, but I sure got mine! I'm so vain.

1 comment: